Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cloth Wipes

Even if you don't use cloth diapers I highly recommend cloth wipes! They are soft, warm, and they smell great. They don't leave that soapy sticky feeling on my sons bum. I hate the way disposable wipes smell! One brand in particular (I'm not going to name any names here) left my son with a blistering rash, and after reading the ingredients I wasn't surprised. 

WATER
POTASSIUM LAURETH PHOSPHATE
GLYCERIN
POLYSORBATE 20
TETRASODIUM EDTA
DMDM HYDANTOIN
METHYLPARABEN
MALIC ACID
ALOE BARBADENSIS
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE VITAMIN E IN THE FORM OF TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Top 5 chemicals to avoid!

Why oh why must we put these chemicals on our little babies skin?!  Okay so making cloth wipes is super easy and cheap! I remember using like 10-15 disposable wipes for one dirty diaper! I only use 1 cloth wipe per diaper change, and I can wash them and use them over and over. They smell good, they leave my sons bum clean and soft. You can even make your own wipe solution if you want. Here are some great recipes I found for homemade wipe solution. I choose to leave that to the professionals and use Baby Bum Drops because if you mess up the recipe even a drop, it could give your little one a rash. I know plenty of mamas who make their own though and their little ones bums are perfectly fine! 



Step 1. Microwave one cup of water for 1 minute.

 






 
 

Step 2. Add one Bum Drop to hot water and stir. The Bum Drop should dissolve in about 
30 seconds. 








 
 Step 3. Align washcloths in your wipe warmer (Or you can use a plastic wipe container if your little one doesn't mind cold wipes).








Step 4. Pour your wipe solution over your wipes and your done! How easy was that? 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment